Monday, May 30, 2011

Your Grace is Enough




But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10


Your Grace, your sweet sweet, beautiful grace that courses through me has no end. There is no bottom to the depths; there is no cap to its height. The rivers of grace through my life do not find themselves poured into a stagnant pool, but rather into great seas and oceans that rise and rise with the tides of your revelation that surge through me. What did I do to deserve this? Nothing! Not one thing! You did it all! Your grace knows no bounds, when I look upon the innumerable sins that rightfully should have convicted me to death upon death, I find the magnitude of them dwarfed by your infinite grace. When I look to the heavens, your pure, glorious, magnificent heavens, I see your grace reaching past the farthest reaches of my eye. I am risen up to great heights upon the wings of your grace. Should I try to flap my arms, I’d only slow us down. I will hold still and let you move me. Let you push me, let you pull me, let you carry me to the highest height and past the furthest horizon. Your outstretched arm holds me delicately yet firmly. What in life is there except You? Riches? They don’t compare to your splendor! Fame? What fame satisfies like the glory of my King? Respect? I have found nothing truly good apart from you! I am abundantly satisfied with your grace. It truly is sufficient for me! Bring all that you would have come my way, for the glory of your Name I will press through them in your unfailing strength. I am enabled, empowered, and encouraged through your unconditional grace that has been poured out upon me at such great a price as I will never be able to begin to repay.

1 comment:

Sheila Atchley said...

::hand on heart::

that's my boy!! I love this, Jono!